Happy Earth Day!
Today is a great day to remind ourselves of the impact our everyday actions can have on our world. From our daily habits, to the products we buy, to the things that we wear; these simple decisions can make a difference.
Let’s strive for a more sustainable way of living and stop wasting our precious resources (and money!). Here ten ways I try to live and save green every day:
1. Go with fluorescent light bulbs when your older incandescent ones burn out.
2. Hang to dry.
3. Walk more.
4. Do it yourself.
5. Invest in reusable and portable: grocery bags, water bottles (trade in plastic for aluminum), and coffee mugs.
6. Buy locally.
7. Buy secondhand or borrow.
8. Don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth.
9. Buy from brands who are eco-conscious.
10. Take the time to recycle.
Visit WorldWatch.org for more ways to live a more sustainable life. And reward yourself: Go outside! It’s a beautiful day to enjoy our Earth.